Jamaicans for Justice (JFJ) is a non-profit, non-partisan human rights and social justice organization that advocates for good governance, access to justice, and state accountability. JFJ works to secure justice, conducts research on human rights issues, delivers trainings in communities, and engages in policy and legislative advocacy to advance social justice in Jamaica.
JFJ works extensively on matters related to public security, the rights of children, and access to justice with vulnerable and marginalized groups. JFJ also conducts research on a range of human rights matters to strengthen the publicly available knowledge about human rights and to provide a foundation for robust advocacy.
Towards the execution of its mandate, Jamaicans for Justice is seeking to contract experienced short term Research Assistants to aid in its work.
Scope of Work
- Conducting research to meet organizational needs, including but not limited to:
- Performing direct research functions relevant to the research process, such as information gathering and data collection, entry, management, analysis and reporting from various sources using acceptable, established methods.
- Preparing relevant reports on the research process
- Adapting data, data analysis, and other research outputs into understandable information usable for public communication and advocacy.
- Reviewing data, data sources, data entry, data analysis, data management procedures, and related functions or outputs to ensure accuracy, quality, validity, reliability, and overall appropriateness, and thoroughly addressing all issues that arise.
- If requested, assisting personnel in the entry, analysis, management, and use of data and the use of data management software
- Use relevant research software including SPSS to conduct research
- Performing other assigned tasks reasonably relevant to the aforementioned items
- Actively participating in and supporting general organizational planning, programmatic and office management activities.
- A University degree in the Social Sciences, Law, Public Administration, Public Policy or any related fields
- Experience conducting research is desirable
- Experience using statistical software, eg. SPSS is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send your applications to Monique Long, Policy and Advocacy Manager at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and the application process will close when the roles are filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.