Jamaicans for Justice (JFJ) conducts research on a range of human rights matters to strengthen the publicly available knowledge about human rights and to provide a foundation for robust advocacy. The Research Officer will be contracted full-time to support ongoing research initiatives across the organization in a direct and hands-on way.
Scope of Work
- Conducting data entry. Data sources may include primary documents, surveys, interviews, focus groups, and secondary research
- Conducting data analysis using established methods.
- Adapting data, data analysis, and other research outputs into understandable information usable for public communication
- Reviewing data, data sources, data entry, data analysis, data management procedures, and related functions or outputs to ensure accuracy, quality, validity, reliability, and overall appropriateness, and thoroughly addressing all issues that arise.
- Assisting staff in the entry, analysis, management, and use of data and the use of data management software, including spreadsheet processing applications.
- Providing ongoing support to JFJ’s research initiatives by performing direct research functions, including analysis and writing, participating in research design activities, and other relevant research tasks
- Supporting the delivery of JFJ’s project activities by performing assigned tasks
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree
- Competence and experience with performing quantitative data entry and analysis. Any knowledge of statistical software (such as the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS)) is an asset
- Relevant experience conducting or supporting research actions, which may include academic research.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
Interested persons should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday, September 10, 2018. The successful candidate will start in September, 2018 (negotiable).